Monday, August 16, 2010

Ridiculous

This incident is RIDICULOUS! As a Starbucks barista, I have two thoughts. First, I ask each customer if they would like cream cheese or butter with the bagel they order, and if they want it toasted or not (unless they beat me to it). They don't have exactly say, "I want/don't want butter or cheese," for me to finish their order. A simple YES or NO suffices. The barista was out of line. However, so was the customer. Brings me to my second thought, which relates to the first. The customer could have simply answered "Yes," or "No," and avoided the whole thing. YES and NO are correct and polite English, Ms. English Professor. She could have just gone to any of the other hundred bagel shops in NEW YORK CITY. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. What incident...what have i missed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, you can read the article here:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/16/columbia-professor-kicked_n_683159.html

    ReplyDelete