Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And the results are in...

A quick update: I passed my exams last week! And I did pretty well too! :) I'm very happy with my score and agree with a lot of the comments made about my products and process.

And we're on to breads and breakfast pastries this week and next. So far this week, we've made toast bread, brioche dough by hand (this is a messy endeavor), lemon pound cake, blueberry muffins, yummy almond brioche bites, Nanterre (a brioche specialty), whole wheat bread, French bread, and started croissants and beignets. Our new chef instructor is very charming; he is very knowledgeable, invested and personable.

I bought some Nutella when grocery shopping this morning. BEST. IDEA. EVER. It was fantastic on the semi-warm French bread when I got home today. Don't worry Mom and Kyle, I did eat a real dinner, complete with a green vegetable. Plus some bread. LOTS of bread. And I put three loaves in the freezer, on top of the two from yesterday and an assortment of breakfast pastries. Guess what?! That'll all come home with me next weekend! YAY!

Time for bed. Still contemplating volunteering at school in the morning or spending some more time on my resume, timing the bike ride to work to get my schedule for next week, and clean up my place a little bit. What to do, what to do? :)

1 comment: