Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Submitted


So, I tried out a recipe that failed last week, prompting the last entry. I thought about it over the long weekend and decided NOT to compete. Then, on the L traveling towards home after dropping hubby off at the bus for Madison, I had a brainstorm. I went past home to the grocery store, picked up a few things and rushed home to try it out.

Overall, it worked. I needed to tweak some recipes here and there, but I got the picture taken- most important part. Then Chef J came to class and told us to keep it French, vague and talk to him or Chef E for pointers. Hrm. Of those, my recipe is vague. Not French and I didn't consult with either chef. Oh well, what's done is done.

I just clicked submit. What's done is done. I'm not in this one to win, just to submit. Maybe they'll like it. Most likely they won't. C'est la vie.

Last day at Starbucks tomorrow. I'm kind of indifferent about it- happy not to work, will miss some of my co-workers, free drinks, discount. Work adds a routine to my life that I kind of like. Cross your fingers I can find something before or right after graduation in Madison!


1 comment:

  1. Meggy, send an e-mail with your resume to the Madison Club... we're hurting for chefs and I'd love to work with you again...

    love you!

    -Faust

    ReplyDelete