Saturday, July 10, 2010

Numbers Game

My day by numbers:

1 and only 1 hour spent sitting down today so far. All the rest were walking or standing.

2 great friends (Sarah and I) with 2 great moms (Sarah's and Brennan's) as shopping buddies :)

3 minutes late to pick up my uniform bottoms and the shop was closed. Drat.

4 packs of tea biscuits from a grocery on Devon Ave.

5 texts sent to my hubby throughout the day.

6 saree shops visited, at least.

7 of us ate lunch: a great spread of dosa and channa bhatura.

8-ty. The number of dollars spent on a custom saree blouse, a fall and petticoat. I hate money.

9 hours shopping for saris, jewelry, shoes and eating delicious Indian food and sweets.

10 or more... the number of jewelry sets Sarah tried on until she found the perfect one.

And the best quote of the day, spoken by the saree shop owner where Sarah ultimately bought her saree:
"That color [turquoise] looks good on you [white] people."

No comments:

Post a Comment